Knowing what embedded payments are, which we can use on your store by updating your transaction system, is our goal today. With the emergence of ecommerce technology, it is now easier than ever to buy and sell products.
How do embedded payments work?
One embedded payments definition is the harmony between point-of-sale systems with payment gateways (service providers that accept online payments).
This system has a number of advantages, in-store and with your customers alike. Keep reading to learn about all these benefits that we can offer you:
- From the customer’s point of view, payment will be immediate so having to wait in line to pay will be a thing of the past.
- This will save time and working hours at the end of the day, since invoices no longer have to be linked.
- The money deposited by your customer will be quickly reflected online in your account.
- There will be no errors due to having to record invoices, because the process will no longer be manual.
- Saving time in working hours will lead to lower expenses for your business.
- Your customer will not have problems with identity theft or having their card cloned. The embedded payment system is highly secure and uses the most cutting-edge technology to avoid these situations.
- You can consult the products that are likely to sell the most, as well as those with low levels of turnover, so that you can make the decisions that best suit your needs.
- It makes it easier to track your stock stored in the warehouse.
To facilitate this new system in your business the following must be highlighted:
- Your staff must be trained in how this new technology is used.
- Make the most of your customer information for Marketing purposes, according to their purchasing behavior.
- Offer your customers different payment options, such as debit, credit or gift cards.
- Take the option of recurring sales to ensure a steady income to your store on an ongoing basis.
Security of embedded payments
We, as one of the embedded payments companies, guarantee the security of customer information. To do so, we use different technologies, cybersecurity protections, in order to take the utmost care of all shopper or end customer data. These technologies and regulations include:
- Compliance with the PCI DSS standard (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard): A set of regulations to be adhered to by companies that handle credit card data for consumer security.
- EMV chip transactions (Europay Mastercard Visa): When information is transmitted via credit cards, the data is encrypted, and should it fall into the hands of counterfeiters, they will not be able to do anything with it.
- Tokenization of payments: The card data is transferred to a unique identification code called Token, which is used during the bank transaction and consists of the last four digits of the credit or debit card. Time-limited and impossible to hack.
- Point-to-point encryption:(p2pe): Data encryption system from the beginning of the transaction at the point of sale until the payment process is completed. Confidentiality of information is assured.
By way of advice, we can comment:
- Increase the security of your business. This new system is one of the most important embedded payment solutions that we can offer you.
- Consolidate your existing systems into one, to protect your customers from theft. If you do not have an embedded system, it will be easier for hackers to steal information from your users.
- Opt for saving customer data in the cloud to avoid loss of information and access it anytime, anywhere.
The growth of embedded payment solutions
The size of the embedded payments market is increasing in relation to the statistical data we will be discussing below.
- Ecommerce keeps on growing all over the world.
- According to estimates, this year’s sales are projected to be worth 5.4 trillion dollars worldwide.
- By 2024, this figure is expected or estimated to rise to $6.3 trillion.
- In Latin America, countries such as Brazil and Mexico, account for the highest levels of sales, while Argentina is the third Latin American country with the highest sales in the electronic market, according to data by theStatista Digital Market Outlook.
With respect to this statistical data, we recommend the following:
- Use embedded payments to prevent information theft, since sales will continue to increase, and security is of the utmost importance.
- Take advantage of the Mexican and Brazilian markets for the sale of your products, since they have the highest percentage of business.
- Respond to the evolution of the digital market with the best tools for the profitability of your business while keeping your customers happy.
The benefits of embedded payment for ecommerce
This system is very important for your store because it offers you many benefits in relation to so many variables such as time, security and savings.
- You can be more aware of your business because you will save the time you used to spend controlling the entire billing system.
- It is important to invest in payment systems, as the advantages are wide and varied.
- You will also have more control of your merchandise and know exactly what you have in the warehouse.
At PayRetailers, we are experts in solutions such as these, and we want to give you all the support you need when it comes to embedded paymentsolutions.
We hope that all this information will be of great help to ensure the success of your business and that, in the end, you will choose to collaborate with us; you will not regret it!