Do you want to increase sales in your e-commerce? The answer is a digital customer journey. In this article, we show you clearly and concisely how you can create a successful digital customer journey for your e-commerce and start transforming sales.
What is a digital customer journey?
It is the journey that a customer makes from the moment they become aware of a product until they purchase it in a digital setting. This tool is a digital marketing technique that enables you to understand how users behave in their purchasing process and interact with the brand.
The main objective is to improve user experience and increase the conversion rate in the long term.
Why is it important to create a digital customer journey in e-commerce?
The importance lies in the fact that it will enable you to learn about customer behavior from first contact to final purchase, which gives you the opportunity to personalize the shopping experience. By understanding your customers’ needs and desires, you can offer them personalized products and services, which increases the likelihood that users will buy and return in future.
Also, a well-designed digital customer journey will help improve customer loyalty and attract new customers through positive recommendations. It is also an effective way to increase sales, improve user experience and, ultimately, achieve business success in e-commerce.
5 main stages of the digital customer journey
Creating a digital customer journey involves five main stages, which are:
- Awareness: This is the first stage in the digital customer journey. In this, the potential customer learns about your brand or product through various digital marketing channels, including search engines, advertising on social networks, and recommendations from friends. It is important that your brand has a strong online presence and that you promote it properly to increase the chances of customers discovering the product or service.
- Consideration: This is the time when the customer assesses your product and compares it with other similar products on the market. It is important to provide detailed product information, reviews, ratings, videos, and opinions from previous customers.
- Purchase: At this stage, the customer decides to purchase your product. It is key that the shopping experience is simple, secure, and fast (a personalized service that we offer at PayRetailers). You need to offer different payment and shipping options to meet the customer’s needs.
- Service: In this phase, the customer uses the product and assesses whether it meets their needs. It is essential that you provide information on how to use the product and offer good after-sales service, such as support and assistance, to help customers if they have any problems or questions to guarantee their satisfaction.
- Loyalty/Expansion: The last phase of the digital customer journey is loyalty. At this stage, the goal is to make customers regular buyers and promoters of your brand through loyalty programs, exclusive discounts, special promotions, and exceptional customer service.
It is essential to maintain a close relationship with your customers and listen to their needs to keep improving and offering useful solutions.
Examples of digital customer journeys in e-commerce
Take note of the ones we are showing you.
- Online shopping experience for clothing: A typical example of an online shopping experience for clothing might include searching for the product on a search engine, browsing different e-commerce sites to find the desired product, reviewing comments and opinions from other customers, and comparing prices and product features before making the purchase. After purchasing, the customer will receive product journey updates and may receive personalized suggestions for future purchases.
- Online grocery shopping: In this case, the customer can shop from a mobile app or website, choose the products they want, and pay using a secure payment gateway. The customer will then receive order status updates and will be informed when the products are ready for delivery. After delivery, the customer can provide feedback on the quality of the products and the delivery service.
- Buying electronic products: This shopping experience may include searching for products online and reviewing comparisons, browsing different websites to find the best price, and making a secure purchase through a trusted payment gateway. The customer will receive updates on their order status and can receive personalized recommendations for future electronics purchases.
- Hotel reservations: Hotel companies also use digital customer journeys to guide customers and generate loyalty through the booking process. This journey may include searching for hotels by location, offers, status and price; selecting a room; and booking dates. It may also include additional options, such as airport transportation or breakfast included.
In conclusion, a digital customer journey is essential to increase sales in an e-commerce. It is important to know your customer and understand how they move along their path to purchasing in order to deliver a satisfying and personalized shopping experience.
By following the five main stages of the digital marketing customer journey, you can optimize each step of the buying process and improve long-term customer retention.
It is important to remember that the process does not end after the purchase, but that you need to build customer loyalty so that they will buy again and recommend the business to others.
Creating a successful new digital customer journey is the key to improving the customer shopping experience and increasing e-commerce sales. At PayRetailers we are committed to helping businesses optimize their sales through our innovative, secure payment methods.