Whatever the product, users will always look for the safest way to shop online. Therefore, associating your business with an excellent payment platform will increase your sales and generate greater customer loyalty.
Secure payments: How to identify them?
Can you trust online shopping? The computer security company Eset conducted a survey in 2020 that provided revealing data. The study indicated that 76% of users are concerned about data breaches when shopping online.
Therefore, it’s crucial that customers feel secure with your payment alternatives. What does a payment mechanism need to be secure? Take note of the following data.
- Technology. Your payment methods should have up-to-date encryption technology to protect data from outside interference. Payment gateways are the best alternative because they’re constantly adapting to new security challenges.
- Transparency. Nothing gives your customers more peace of mind than to be notified of the outcome of a transaction at the end of the transaction. Here, payment gateways and also payment processors like PayRetailers are again the most convenient alternative.
- Options. Customers feel more comfortable if they aren’t forced to use a specific method. In this sense, processors like PayRetailers, with more than 250 alternatives in 12 countries, represent a plus for your business. Many of these alternatives are methods where your customers won’t need cards.
- Authentication. A payment method is most trusted when it prompts the user for authentication codes. The customer feels that their transaction is more customized and that their sensitive information is being looked after.
- Guarantees. Online payment methods that guarantee the purchase from their users are also an added value for your online store. Offering a guarantee of product delivery is a sign that you trust your business model.
- Monitoring. When a customer purchases a product via wire transfer, virtual wallet or bank deposit their main concern is the delivery of the goods. Having real-time tracking of your order gives the user peace of mind and avoids many misunderstandings.
- Receipts. The fact that this payment method issues a receipt and that this receipt has all the store information and contact telephone numbers is an additional element that inspires trust.
What you should do in your store
Not all the security or the feeling of security depends on the payment methods you use on your site. When a user opens the computer, they’re exposed to various forms of fraud such as insecure websites, fake profiles, and phishing attacks. So the first task is to know how to identify safe online shopping sites.
A friendly and simple interface, a properly certified URL (https) and space for complaints and frequently asked questions are useful tools to build user confidence in your store.
Payment gateways for online stores
Payment gateways are the companies which provide the intermediary service between the customer, seller and payment processor. The importance of the gateways for the store is mainly associated with security. They’re the ones who check that the data entered by the customer is sufficient in order to proceed with the transaction.
They also provide the technology to safeguard that data and send it to the payment processor to be authorized or declined. All of this allows your business to leave all IT security issues in the hands of experts.
In 2021, several specialist pages agree on some gateways as the best in Latin America and much of the world.
Tips for online shopping
It’s good that you have these tips when you decide to buy something online without a credit card.
- Check the reputation of the site online or among friends.
- Inquire about the quality of the products offered and that their prices are real, with no hidden limitations.
- Clarify the conditions of goods delivery, delivery times and shipping costs properly.
- Establish the store’s phone numbers, physical address and contacts for claims.
Which is the safest online shopping site? The one which provides users with the best guarantees for a satisfactory purchase. High loyalty and share of voice rate.
What is the safest online payment method? Companies like PayRetailers offer payment alternatives under the strictest security controls. Even if those payments don’t involve the use of credit or debit cards. This point is important because it expands your potential customers to segments of the public which don’t have access to plastic or are skeptical about using it on the Internet.
PayRetailers offers your customers reliable payment methods which are deeply rooted in all segments of the population. These include cash payments, bank transfers, electronic wallets or the well-known QR codes.
So, if you want to boost your business, it’s time for your gateway and payment processor to be your allies. This is the quickest way to allow your customers to access the safest way to shop online. Contact PayRetailers now to clarify any questions and receive the best advice.