Do you want to know more about a safe way to buy online? Below you will find all the information you need to know to use different payment platforms.
How do I know if I can buy online safely?
First, you need to know which are safe online shopping sites. If a page has spelling mistakes, has a bad reputation on social media or it does not provide security protocols, you should be suspicious of it.
Do not get carried away only by beautiful or cheap products: it is always a good idea to protect your data. If you come across suspicious behaviors, it is best to look for a different option.
As you are online, you will have no problem finding competitors. Regardless of the product you order, there will be more established companies or with better security features for your data. The same goes for payment platforms, as there are some that are better than others. Let’s see the best ones.
Secure payment platforms of 2021
Here are the most secure payment platforms of 2021.
Tips for sellers
Here are some tips for e-commerce sellers:
- Detailed information. Virtually, you must provide a description with everything the client needs to know. That gives you more assets to make your purchase more secure. Additionally, you will avoid possible problems regarding changes, which arise due to disregarding the details.
- Personalized customer service. In the event of any doubt or eventuality, you should always provide 100% specific customer service. Either through social networks, WhatsApp or by phone, you will not create uncertainty regarding your purchase.
- Discounts and promotions. When buying online, users want different discounts. You can do this through coupons, weekly raffles and even exclusive discounts on various products or categories. The idea is that they feel that there is a tempting offer that they should take advantage of as quickly as possible.
Now, let’s see PayPal, one of the best known worldwide.
Is PayPal the safest way to pay online?
When you think about what is the safest way to buy online, surely the first name that comes to mind is PayPal. This is so in international shopping, as each transaction is supervised so that both the seller and the buyer have guarantees.
For example, when making a payment, a certificate on whether the expected service has been received is always requested. This occurs because, otherwise, the buyer is assured he can request a return. However, it can entail a problem for the sellers.
There are scammers who ‘buy’ and then ask for the money, as PayPal almost always rules in favor of the buyer. In this case, it is advisable to ask that a note is included indicating that the customer is satisfied with the product ordered. Therefore, although it is one of the most popular payment gateways, you should keep these aspects in mind when choosing it.
Tips for buyers
On the other hand, you will find below tips to buy online:
- Beware of impossible promotions. If there is an ‘impossible’ price, it may be a scam. It is best to find a balance between price and security.
- Look for opinions. Opinions will always help you to solve all your doubts. If you see that it has a bad reputation, it is best that you look for another option.
- Compare various sites. Do not just focus on one option. The Internet allows you to consider several options. The more you have, the more secure your purchase will be.
- Find out all the information. You must find out as many details as possible about the product you are going to buy. This will avoid future problems with the company, both in the guarantee and with the return.
Disadvantages of online shopping
Is it safe to buy online with credit card? Well, the truth is that it will depend on each platform and company. However, it is also true that shopping online has its disadvantages. Now we will show you some points that might not be beneficial when shopping online.
- You cannot try the product. This will happen to you with all online shopping. It is important that you find out as much information as possible. It is also likely that sellers do not have all the data they need or are reluctant to share it with you. Therefore, you can take a risk…or not. In some cases, it will depend on luck. For example, with clothing, you can see detailed measurements, but you will only know how it looks when you try it on. Instead, in a store you can try it on and decide if it suits you.
- Returns can be an issue. While most products have a warranty and free returns, the process can be tedious. When you buy something in person, all you must do is return the package to the store for a refund. Instead, here you will have to find out about the return policy of each company.
- Waiting for the product. This can also be a disadvantage. When you buy physically, you take the product home directly. However, online, you need to rely on a logistics process out of your reach. Therefore, you must coordinate the arrival at a time when you are available. They could even be delayed, or you could never receive them. If the purchase is protected, you will have no problem, but it can be a waste of time.
- Beware of scams. There are brands that pretend to be recognized sales companies, but then violate your data. Another possibility is that you buy through different platforms and that you never receive your order. Either due to lack of logistics coordination or because you have been deceived, it is important to analyze each situation. Before a warning sign, you should look for another option.
Why online shopping is better?
Despite the disadvantages mentioned, there are also several advantages to online shopping. These would be:
- Greater reach. If you shop physically, you are likely to only be restricted to the places that are close to you. If you want to buy clothes, you will surely have a smaller variety of options. As you are only limited to what reaches your city, you will not have the possibility of bringing clothes from other places. That barrier is broken with virtuality. You can bring products from other regions and even from distant countries.
- Comfort. If you are bothered by the lines to buy a product or the crowds of people, online shopping is for you. In this sense, it is a great comfort. You can do the shopping alone or with your friends, but you can take a prudent time and the seller will not rush you, for example.
- Wide payment options. Each company will have its own payment platform, but you will always have varieties. At physical sites, they may only accept cash or debit card. Whereas, in e-commerce, you will probably be able to use a credit card or virtual wallets.
- Larger variety and competition. The search is instant. With a single click or accessing social media, you can find the product you want. In the same way, you will have a greater variety. For example, if you want a Star Wars t-shirt, you have different models. In a physical store, you may only have one. In addition, you will be able to choose based on prices, quality and even reputation.
- Catalog and instant stock. Unlike physical stores, where not all the products are displayed, here you will have instant stock. By this we mean that you will be able to see the catalog live with all the models of each company. If they do not have what you are looking for, you can ask and order it. However, in just a few seconds you can check if what you want is available.
- Shop 24 hours a day, from anywhere. Regardless of which device you do it from, you can buy as you like. Online stores are open 24 hours a day and you do not need to physically go to the place. That is a great convenience when you know you want a product.
You already know the safe way to buy online. If you still have any questions, from PayRetailers we can help you. We are able to boost your e-commerce business so that you can maximize your sales with 100% secure purchases. We are looking forward to hearing from you!